Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hand Embroidered Hello Kitty

After completing the "My Daddy, My Hero" bib (if you missed my blog on that, you can view it at the title linked here >"Prodotto Finito"), I was looking for another embroidery project. I needed something fun that would give me room to practice various stitches but still look cute.

I got the picture itself from one of my daughters Hello Kitty coloring books. I have loved Hello Kitty since I was a little girl and am so proud that I get to share her with my little girl!

Once I found the picture, I taped my piece of white linen to the paper and traced it out in pencil *commence embroidery!

Embroidery all hand stitched on white linen. This was a picture
that I traced from my little girls coloring book. I'm pretty sure that
it will wash out but I tented the cars and the duck with colored
map pencils. This project was a lot of fun and took about a week
and two days to complete :) 

I chose the color scheme partly of my own accord as well as my daughters favorite colors (hence Hello Kitty's purple and pink car).

I am pleased that in using the proper embroidery materials, this project took, roughly estimating, 1 week and two days. Which is thrilling to me considering the bib took about 3 full months to complete.

Once all stitches were complete, I ironed on Stitch Witchery to the back of my finished piece to ensure that none of it became unraveled. My plan now, is to find either a pull-over hoody or a sweatshirt to iron it onto for my little Princes.

Who, the whole time I was making this, whether frustrated with it or not, would make sure to check in on me from time to time just to let me know I was "doing a wonderful job, Mommy!"

Stitches used: Back Stitch, Fly Stitch, French Knots Split Stitch, Bokhara Couching, Trellis or Jacobean Couching, Seeding, Spider Web Filling Stitch and the Satin Stitch. I got a lot of great practice on this piece!

All that said....
Happy Crafting!
Amber~Crafty At Heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking an interest in my Project. Your comments are greatly appreciated! Hope you have a fabulous craft-filled day!