Sunday, November 20, 2011

Bloggy Fail

Hello all! I hope this Bloggy finds you well. I apologize for my lack of posting on here. My goal was to keep up with my posting as I completed each new project but have obviously failed to do so. I joined a few new sites such as Pinterest and the newest one this evening, Tumblr. You can follow me on both if you would like.

I have also been dabbling with plushies and think I have found the best way to complete them. I drew up a basic teddy bear pattern and made two out of my Husband's ACU's that he no longer wears. Using embroidery floss, I created the face and added little saying on the tummy's of the bears. I hand stitched around the edges, leaving a small amount of the bear open in order to stuff it with fibber fill and then continued stitching until I got it closed completely.

The finished products came out looking pretty cute. I was not completely satisfied with my first attempt at hand stitching my Daughters bear so I tried a different type of stitch for my Sons.

Here are the ACU Daddy Bears.

My first attempt at making a
Teddy Bear plushy. I am not
thrilled with this one as there
were some gaps in it, which
allows some of the stuffing
to poke out. 

Though the picture shows it unfinished, I am much more
pleased with the way this one turned out. I plan on making
more for sale. I have already had a few requests from Mom's
at my kiddo's School!!

I also turned an old purse that I like, into a "new" purse that I love! If you have read my blog before, maybe you remember the hand embroidered Hello Kitty motif that I did a few months back?! Well, not sure what I was going to do with it, really, I decided it would look great on this...

I love Hello Kitty and I really liked this purse. So what better
thing to do with both of them than to put them together!!
I also decided to add my "Love Is..." to a shopping bag for a very sweet woman that I recently met. She loved it and I was glad to give it to her :)

I used one of my cloth shopping
bags, attached the "Love Is.."
with Stitch Witchery and decorated
with fabric paints. Turned out really
adorable, I think!

Close Up :)
Well, that just about catches us up on all of my crafting over the last few weeks! I hope you have enjoyed them and please share anything that you have made and are proud of :) Don't forget to follow so we can keep in touch!

Thank you for reading my Bloggy!

Take care and happy crafting,
Amber H. ~Crafty At Heart~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking an interest in my Project. Your comments are greatly appreciated! Hope you have a fabulous craft-filled day!